Pilates is different from other exercise as it stretches and strengthens multiple muscles at one time but also develops a connection between the mind and body. As Pilates is a form of exercise it can also help reduce the risk of heart disease, reduce high blood pressure and prevent depression and anxiety. Here are 5 important reasons why you should join Haslemere Pilates.
1. Your body will become stronger: Centring exercises strengthens your core muscles creating stability. Your muscles will also become more sculpted and you will be more flexible. As you stretch and use a group of muscles at the same time your overall body strength will increase.
2. It improves your posture: Bad posture can lead to multiple problems such as chronic back pain and neck pain. Pilates can improve and encourage good posture as it creates good spinal alignment. Pilates strengthens your core muscles which can in turn support your joints.
3. Relieves stress: Relaxation is a key principle of Pilates as you focus on relieving areas of tension in the body. This means your overused muscles relax and your mind feels relaxed and free from stress as the tension is released. Pilates helps reduce the risk of anxiety and depression.
4. Your body will look better: As Pilates strengthens and tightens the core muscles, stomach and legs, your muscles become more toned and therefore your body looks and feels stronger, improving agility whatever your age!
5. To have Fun! Pilates is a great way to get fit and toned and also provides the opportunity to meet new people in your area.
“Everything I know about Pilates I have learnt with Karol! I have been doing her classes 1 term solidly and it has totally change my posture and the way I feel about my body. I LOVE IT.”